Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday, Sept. 8 -
It was hard to say goodbye to my family. They spoiled us for our short visit. The memories we shared will always be close to our hearts....until the next time.

We started out from Des Moines at 8:40 a.m. and after traveling through the state of Iowa and half of South Dakota, we stopped at a CAMPGROUND outside of Chamberlain, SD at 4:30 (8 hrs. of driving). It was amazing to see the plains of SD and to suddenly come to view hills on the side of the Missouri River (where the Lewis & Clark expedition traveled). As we sat at a quaint restaurant in the town of Chamberlain tonight, a storm came through the area. It was intense and quite different from what we are used to. The view is endless and the lightning covered the entire horizon. It was certainly our entertainment, while dining, for the evening.

We will see Wall Drug tomorrow (a tourist attraction in Wall, SD) and will be in Rapid City. I will be posting more pictures soon. For some reason I am able to receive emails (so keep them coming to me or post comments here) but I am unable to SEND emails....not sure why. I have several waiting to be sent but with my luck, you will get them when I return home (Terri, Paula, Kathy, etc...) and they will make no sense at all then...ha.
Mary

2 comments:

  1. The lightning sounds exciting...like a picture in/or a movie from National Geographic. I'm enjoying your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Wall drug cool? We had a great time walking through! Went through there with Carey in 1996.

    ReplyDelete